Passer-by raises alarm on house fire
THE quick actions of 19-year-old Mosman Park resident Nick Sullivan raised the alarm about a fire that destroyed a $6 million home on Wellington Street early last Saturday.
Mr Sullivan was walking past with his girlfriend about 1am when he noticed a glow at the front of the empty home, which was being renovated by Mosman Bay Constructions.
He phoned emergency services while running between neighbouring homes to alert residents to the fire.
Julian Cotterle was housesitting at a neighbouring home and had to rush to move the owner’s cars, including a new $500,000 Bentley.
A Department of Fire and Emergency Services spokeswoman said investigators were treating the fire as accidental, saying it may have been started by the spontaneous combustion of painting rags.
Spontaneous combustion may have caused a fire that destroyed a $6 million home under renovation.