MISS SAIGON BRUSSELS SPROUTS BOWL
1310KJ PER SERVE SERVES 2
70g (about 4) pancetta or bacon strips
500g brussels sprouts 2 eggs
2 tsp olive oil, for frying 120g spring onions, sliced 1 fresh red chilli, thinly sliced (optional)
80ml soy sauce
2 tsp crushed garlic
1 tsp fresh ginger, grated 80ml rice malt syrup ¼ tsp fish sauce
1. Fry the pancetta or bacon until crispy. Chop into small pieces and set aside.
2. Finely slice the brussels sprouts. Put them in a large bowl, add 60ml (¼ cup) of water and microwave on high for
2–3 mins or until sprouts are soft.
3. Make the dressing by whisking all the ingredients together in a bowl.
4. Fry the eggs in a small non-stick frying pan with a dash of olive oil.
If you prefer cooked spring onion, you can also cook them at this point, to bring out their flavour.
5. To serve, divide the brussels sprouts and spring onion between two serving bowls, and top with a quarter of the dressing. Crumble over the pancetta or bacon. Place the eggs on top and drizzle with the remainder of the dressing. Top with the chilli (if using).