HAWAIIAN POKE BOWLS
◆ 300g sashimi-grade yellowtail or tuna ◆ Small red chilli, finely chopped ◆ 4 spring onions, finely sliced
◆ 1 small avocado, diced
◆ 30g almonds, chopped
◆ 1 tbs tamari
◆ 1 tsp honey
◆ 1 cup cooked basmati rice
◆ 1 nori sheet, torn
◆ Half-handful of alfalfa sprouts
◆ Zest of 1 lime
◆ 1 tbs toasted sesame seeds
◆ 1 tbs sesame oil
◆ 2 tbs tamari
◆ Juice of 1 lime
◆ Tiny drizzle of honey
1. Slice the yellowtail or tuna evenly into 1cm cubes and then place in a bowl.
2. Add the red chilli, spring onion and avo.
3. In a frypan over a medium heat, toss the almonds with the tamari and honey for 1 min, until they’re slightly caramelised and sticky. Then set aside and allow to cool.
4. Mix all of the dressing ingredients to taste and then pour over the fish mixture.
5. Divide the rice between two bowls.
Top with the fish mixture. Garnish with almonds, nori, sprouts, zest and sesame seeds. Serve with an extra wedge of lime.