FIVE OF THE BEST...
Reasons to visit Ras Al Khaimah
The Cove Rotana Resort has recently undergone a significant extension, adding to its existing five-star offering. Situated on a water inlet on the Ras Al Khaimah beachfront overlooking the Arabian Gulf, the resort resembles a Mediterranean village by the sea.
The expansion has added 112 standard and superior rooms to the resort, along with 10 junior suites and 21 executive suites.
It has also seen the addition of an all-day dining restaurant, an outdoor pool with pool bar and three slides, and a kid’s club and pool.
In line with the recent expansion, Rotana Hotels & Resorts has selected its top five reasons to visit Ras Al Khaimah:
1. Ras Al Khaimah is diverse and the most mountainous emirate. It is home to Jebel Jais, the tallest mountain in the United Arab Emirates. The Middle East’s first commercial via ferrata is now open for those seeking an adrenalinefuelled day on Jebel Jais Mountain. There’s a choice of three thrilling zip lines, traversing more than one kilometre across the mountain.
2. With a desert oasis right on its doorstep, adventure seekers can take part in an array of activities including dune bashing, camel riding and horse riding.
3. Ras al Khaimah offers an authentic Arabian experience with a collection of historical sites. Steeped in more than 5,000 years of history found in archaeological sites such as Dhayah Fort and Sheba’s Palace, there is plenty of heritage to discover. It is also home to the historical village of Jazirat Al Hamra, the last traditional town still standing in the United Arab Emirates.
4. Situated on the Persian Gulf, Ras Al Khaimah is known for its white sandy beaches and glistening waters, all of which provide a beautiful setting for a relaxing day by the sea.
5. Visit the city of Ras Al Khaimah, where a natural creek divides into two and souks sit comfortably alongside modern shopping malls.
Click here for full story
The Cove Rotana Resort