Interests of the Economy, Interests of the Population
Large-scale infrastructure development projects will be implemented during this five-year period
Building Faster, Better, Cheaper
The reform in the construction industry, which the government is now proposing, is oriented, above all, towards improving the competitiveness of construction products (goods, works, services) and providing the population with accessible and quality dwelling.
For this, we plan to reconsider the role of the construction ministry which is to become a strategic center in the sphere of construction tasked with carrying out research and technical policy and making improvements to the regulatory documents of the construction industry.
It is also planned to create modern large administrative institutions that would act to meet the partner’s economic interests. In particular, we plan to form a production association of engineering organizations, a holding of prime contractors, a holding of assembling companies.
Transformation of certain design institutions into engineering companies will make it possible to ensure the design, support and management of the process of project implementation right to the moment of commissioning. The cost of design and estimate
Effective and efficient development of the construction industry, information, communication and transport industries, the utilities services sector is an important reserve for the growth of the Belarusian economy and an effective means for satisfying the increasing needs of the people of this country.
documents and the engineering services will be 80-85% of their normal cost while the rest will be frozen till the full commissioning of the property and accomplishment of the technical specifications, which will make it possible to implement the projects with better quality and within the required time-framework. In addition, we plan to develop partnership between state and private design companies and institutions.
The key area of work is of course the maximum use of the existing reserves for downsizing the costs and improving the efficiency of construction of residential housing and other objects, which implies the following:
- Improvement of the legislation in what concerns price formation with the application of the resource method of price formation and development of design and estimation documents taking into account the current prices effective as of January 2011. The transition to the effective prices will allow investors to save much funds, because earlier, within 2 to 3 years of construction, the costs used to increase by nearly 25%.
- Holding of auctions in residential construction while reducing the price and forming the fixed price at the current level of prices before the completion of the construction.
These measures are expected to create a transparent mechanism of forming the price per 1 square meter of housing and bring the price to the level of the average monthly salary in 2015 (in 2010 this figure was 0.7 square meters).
In order to improve the quality of construction, we propose the following:
- to increase the guarantee terms of exploitation of certain elements of the buildings commissioned up to five years;
- to tighten the responsibility of the parties for honoring their construction contracts, tighten regulations relating to the acceptance of the buildings for living;
- to create favorable conditions for builders and construction companies doing construction job and building residential houses for the people in need of housing;