NOW, AS YOUR QUESTION ENCOMPASSED THE WORD TECHNOLOGY, LET'S JUST LOOK AT A FEW:
• 3D printing: to what extent will it impact logistics? The one-million-dollar question... My bet is that it will end up into a hybrid model combining traditional logistics and 3D printing.
• Big Data will have a tremendous impact in terms of capacity optimization, customer experience, reduced risk and maybe new business models that we cannot imagine today.
• IOT is very relevant to logistics, possibly leading to a much more event-driven logistics.
• Blockchain can be applied to many use cases in logistics in which the stakeholders need for transparent, non-reputable records.
• Robotics is gaining a lot of traction, leading to massive gains of productivity and zero-defect.
• Self-driving vehicles, including airborne vehicles, are coming as well, even if there is still a very long way to go.