Dog on crack mauls owner to death
A British man had his larynx crushed in the jaws of a dog on crack cocaine, a coroner’s court heard.
According to the U.K. Independent, Mario Perivoitos, 41, died last month after being mauled to death by his Staffordshire bull terrier, Major.
The Independent reported Perivoitos became ill after having an epileptic seizure as a result of ingesting cocaine. He was lying on his bed when Major attacked him.
Perivoitos was rushed to hospital. He later died of his injuries.
Veterinary toxicologist Nicholas Carmichael told the inquest the dog had high levels of cocaine and morphine in his urine.