National Landscape Awards
Congratulations to all of the winners who truly represent the high calibre of work and expertise the public has come to expect from this industry. Competition was fierce in the landscape category, with 34 entries coming in from across Canada. The National Awards of Landscape Excellence were presented to the following companies:
- Caterpillar Award for Commercial Construction/ Installation to Wilco Civil Inc. in B.C.
- Caterpillar Award for Residential Construction/ Installation to Peter Hughes Landscape in Alta.
- DYNASCAPE Award for Landscape Design to Welwyn Wong Landscape Design in Ont.
- Hortprotect Award for Commercial Maintenance to Clintar Landscape Management - Mississauga West in Ont.
- Hortprotect Award for Residential Maintenance to the Landmark Group in Ont.
- Garden Centre of the Year Award to Sheridan Nurseries in Ont.
- Grower of the Year Award to Dutchmaster Nurseries Ltd. in Ont.
- Green for Life Community Award to Paraspace Landscaping in Langley, B.C.
- Green for Life Industry Award to CN'S Ecoconnexions From the Ground Up program
- Green for Life Distinction Award to Michel Touchette of Jeffries Nurseries in Portage la Prairie, Man.
- Award of Excellence to Larry Dyck, scientist at the Morden Research Station, Man., for his work on rose breeding
- CNLA President’s Award to Vic Krahn, owner of Lakeshore Tree Farms in Saskatoon, Sask.
Tania Moffat, Editor; Bill Hardy, CNLA; Nuria Perez de Leon, CN; Dorothy Dobbie, Publisher; Raymond Carrière, Communities in Bloom; Don Budinsky, Communities in Bloom; Carla Hrycyna, St. Mary's Nursery; Diane Banash, Communities in Bloom at the awards dinner.