? Test your garden knowledge
What’s the buzz about pollination?
Test your knowledge by answering true or false to the following questions.
1. Seedless watermelons grow from seed.
2. Don’t bother collecting seeds in your garden until fall.
3. Columbines are self-seeding annuals.
4. You can share your favourite columbine with your friends by collecting the seeds and giving them away.
5. Most flowers pollinate themselves.
6. If you didn’t get around to planting some seeds this year, wait until next spring and plant them.
7. Bees eat pollen.
8. Bees are attracted to the colour red.
9. The pistil of the flower is the female part of the plant.
10. A single bee produces about a tablespoon of honey in its lifetime.