‘It was over be­fore we got there’

Man, daugh­ter home­less af­ter An­napo­lis County house fire

Annapolis Valley Register - - FRONT PAGE - BY LAWRENCE POW­ELL THE SPEC­TA­TOR MOUNT HAN­LEY, N.S.

A man and his 18-year-old daugh­ter are home­less af­ter a fire, that started in the kitchen, got out of con­trol and de­stroyed their Fundy Shore house Sun­day even­ing.

“Port Lorne Vol­un­teer Fire De­part­ment Chief Stephen Wade was first on the scene and said the house was fully en­gulfed in flame with the roof fall­ing in when he ar­rived.”

Fire­fight­ers from across An- napo­lis County bat­tled the fire at 443 Ween St., just off Shore Road East.

The call came in to Port Lorne fire­fight­ers at about 7:30 p.m. Oct. 21 with Lawrence­town and Bridgetown also called.

“It came in as a kitchen fire that was start­ing to get out of con­trol,” said Wade. “I was first on scene. When I ar­rived the win­dows were all al­ready out of the house and the roof was al­ready in the mid­dle of cav­ing in. It was al­ready a big or­ange glow on the hori­zon as soon as you came over the hill. It was over be­fore we got there.”

Newspapers in English

Newspapers from Canada

© PressReader. All rights reserved.