Cape Breton Community Calendar is a public service listing of community events sponsored by nonprofit groups. To ensure adequate advance publication, submit notices at least two weeks prior to the event. Limit announcements to 24 words or less. Telephone 5633838; fax, 562-7077 or e-mail your event to firstname.lastname@example.org.
TODAY ARICHAT 8 p.m., KOC Council 4607 card game. Rising jackpot and cookie jar. ESKASONI 8:30 p.m., (OS) AA Praying Hands Group meeting, Eskasoni, Gabriel Centre. PETIT DE GRAT
• 10:30-11:30 a.m., Pre-school story-time at the Petit de Grat Library.
• 6:30-8 p.m., Petit de Grat Library invites you to their Stress Busters Series. Sponsored by Family Place Resource Centre, facilitated by Joanne Connors. SYDNEY
• 9-10 a.m., Seniors swimming at Kiwanis Pool, Prince Street. Phone the Kiwanis Pool for more information.
• 9 a.m.-12 p.m., The Fit For Fun at 50+ open house, YMCA of Cape Breton, 399 Charlotte St. Learn healthy living. Special guests, sample classes and much more. Bring sneakers. For more info call 5629622.
• 9:30-11 a.m., Registration for Time Out Program, First United church hall, 105 Whitney Ave. For information call Diane 564-9818.
• 10-11:30 a.m., Baby talk — an interactive morning of play and songs for babies and toddlers up to two years and their caregivers. Family Place Resource Centre, 106 Townsend St.
• 12 p.m., Sydney Noon Al-Anon, Bethel Hall, corner of George and Brookland streets. Wheelchair accessible. Non smoking building. • 1:30 p.m., Club 55 bowling.
• 6-8:30 p.m., Sydney Sea Cadets are accepting new members between the ages of 12-18 at Victoria Park Armouries.
• 6:30-8:30 p.m. CBC Cape Breton’s book panel will gather to debate this year’s Canada Reads 2010 book picks. Check out Canadian books and enjoy our local taping of this debate, McConnell Library.
• 6:30-9 p.m., 693 Sydney Rotary Air Cadet Squadron is now recruiting youths male and female age 12 to 18 years, at Sydney Academy basement entrance on Terrace Street.
• 7 p.m., Modern square dancing for fun and exercise at Christ the King church hall, Trinity Avenue. Free instruction, bring a partner. Information, 564-6647.
• 7 p.m., Living With Cancer support group will meet at the Canadian Cancer Society office, 329 George St. This support group serves people with every type of cancer. It is to help patients, survivors, family and friends of those who are living with a diagnosis of cancer.
• 7:30 p.m., 45s card games, Club 55.
• 7:30 p.m., Duplicate bridge, Cape Breton Bridge Club, Old Radar Base. Everyone welcome.
• 8 p.m., Narcotics Anonymous meeting at the AA trailer, across from RCMP building.
• 8 p.m., Women’s Gambler’s Anonymous meeting (new) at the Every Woman’s Centre, 102 Townsend St.
• 8 p.m., (CD) AA HOW Group meeting, Christ Church Hall, Trinity Avenue.
• 8 p.m., Al-Anon, Spanish River Seniors Club, 1840 Kings Rd., Sydney River. Wheelchair accessible.
• 8 p.m., (CS) AA Sydney Central Group meeting, Friendship Hall, 135 Charlotte St.
WESTMOUNT 1:30 p.m., Tarabish, Westmount Seniors and Pensioners Club, 695 Westmount Road.
WHITNEY PIER 9-11 a.m., Children 0-6 years and their parents/caregivers at the Whitney Pier Youth Club, 11 West St.