Facts on Canadian fisheries
• Canada’s five most valuable exports by species in 2014 were lobster, snow/ queen crab, shrimp, Atlantic salmon and scallop.
• Lobster remains Canada’s top export species in terms of value, with 2014 exports of over $ 1.52 billion.
• Canada exported $ 4.9 billion in fish and seafood in 2014.
• Approximately 85 per cent of all fish and seafood landed by Canadian harvesters is exported.
• Approximately 80,000 Canadians make their living directly from fishing and fishing- related activities.