New Ki­wa­ni­ans

Cape Breton Post - - CAPE BRETON / PROVINCE -

Four new Ki­wa­ni­ans were in­ducted into the Ki­wa­nis Club of Syd­ney re­cently. Left to right are, Tara Hunter, An­drew Giggey, Rick Fraser and John MacPhail. The Ki­wa­nis Club Of Syd­ney was char­tered in 1923 and has been an in­te­gral part of the com­mu­nity since its in­cep­tion. Some of the com­mu­nity-minded ac­com­plish­ments of the Ki­wa­nis Club of Syd­ney in­clude: funded Syd­ney’s first public li­brary; con­structed the Went­worth Park band­shell and the Ki­wa­nis pool; run and spon­sor the Ki­wa­nis pe­di­atric car­diac clinic; or­ga­nize, run and spon­sor the Ki­wa­nis Fes­ti­val of Mu­sic Speech and Drama; spon­sor 29 Syd­ney Ki­wa­nis Squadron Royal Cana­dian Air Cadets; found­ing spon­sor of Syd­ney Academy Key Club; and the spon­sor of the break­fast for learn­ing pro­gram at Brook­land Ele­men­tary School.

SUB­MIT­TED PHOTO/RALPH JEANS

Newspapers in English

Newspapers from Canada

© PressReader. All rights reserved.