Maritime Little League championship series, Glace Bay McDonald's Colonels vs. Lancaster, N.B. Best of three series: Game 2, today at 1 p.m.; Game 3 (if necessary) on Sunday at 1 p.m. All games at the Cameron Bowl in Glace Bay. (GB leads series 1-0)
NSSL Tier 1 Soccer Action today in Sydney at Open Hearth Turf. 2 p.m.: U-14 girls Cape Breton FC vs. Dunbrack FC; 4 p.m.: U-16 Girls Cape Breton FC vs. Dunbrack FC; 6 p.m.: U-16 Boys Cape Breton FC vs. Dunbrack FC. The same teams will meet again on Sunday with the U-14 girls at 10 a.m.; U-16 Girls at 12 noon; U-16 Boys at 2 p.m.
New Waterford Minor Hockey presents a development camp with Shaun Van Allen, former NHL players and current assistant coach at Carleton University. Camp will be held Aug. 11, 13 and 14 at Centre 200. Three division - midget, bantam and peewee/atom. Fee is $100. For more information email email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org. Registration deadline is Aug. 5.
• Vics Hockey Skills summer camp, Aug. 17-22, Emera Centre Northside. Novice to midget divisions. For more information, call 902-794-2445 or register online at www.vicshockey.com.
• Top tier "D" camp - concentrating on the defensive side of hockey. Program includes conditioning and power skating. All positions, all ages welcome with special goaltender rates. Sept. 1-12. Call to register: 304-7170.
• Mike Perry 3-on-3 Summer Hockey League registration open. For ages five-19, novice to high school, boys and girls. Begins Aug. 10 at Centre 200. Fee is $239 and includes 11 hours of ice time and jersey. Register online at mikeperry3on3hockey.ca, or for more information call Mike at 902-565-9914.
• Ryan Boutilier's 4-on-4 for bantam, midget and high school players. For more information and to register, visit www.performancegoaltendingacademy.ca.
• Alex's 3-on-3 camp, Sept. 9-13, five one-hour sessions; cost is $125 for skaters, $50 for goalies; all sesssions at Emera Centre Northside. Sessions led by Coach Alex Johnson. Contact Bernadette at 902-736-2847, email@example.com or Charlie at 902-304-0202.
• The 3rd Annual Tokyo Lloyd Memorial Hockey Tournament will take place at the Emera Centre Northside from Sept. 18 - Sept. 27. Max 28 teams; $650 per team; guaranteed three games; individual players welcome. For more information call Wayne Ryan at 902-794-1707 or Mike MacDonald at 902-794-1984 or email TLMhockeytournament@gmail.com.
GOLF: The Lakes Golf Club Nine and Dine, Sunday. Shotgun start at 3 p.m. followed by a steak barbecue (barbecue your own steak). Cost is $34.95 and includes golf, golf cart and steak barbecue. Call 902-828-4653 to register.
• Lingan Golf and Country Club championships (Men's and Women's) will be held Aug. 1-2 and are open to members only. Men's Club Championship is $30; Ladies Club Championship is $25. Deadline for entries is July 20. Enter at pro shop, by phone at 902-562-1112 or online at www.lingangolf.com.