Police appeal for help in TTC shooting cold case
TORONTO — A suspect who held up the same Toronto subway station three times and shot a TTC fare collector in the neck five years ago has not been linked to any crimes since then, police said Monday in appealing for information in the case.
The suspect, who is described as a heavyset white man or woman in their 30s or 40s and likely left-handed, has “literally disappeared,” Staff Insp. Mike Earl said in a news conference.
“It’s a very unique situation,” he said. “I’ve never seen anything like this before where the same place has been targeted three times almost four months apart and no other crimes were committed that we can tell by this individual anywhere else in the GTA or in the province of Ontario.” “I think this individual is probably eccentric and maybe even private” and clearly familiar with the area, he said. All investigative leads have now dried up, he said, and police are asking for help in identifying the suspect. A $25,000 reward offered to anyone with information that leads to an arrest and conviction in the case has yet to be claimed.