CANADIAN FORCES SUPPORT UNIT (OTTAWA)
Canadian Forces Support Unit (Ottawa), (CFSU(O), is the Canadian Forces base for the National Capital Region (NCR), and as such, is the gateway to the services you would find at any other base or wing in Canada. CFSU(O) provides centralized support services to all components of NDHQ and assigned units within the NCR and abroad. Administrative support is provided to approximately 6,500 Regular Force and 2,500 Reserve Force members, and to approximately 9,400 civilian employees of the Department of National Defence and Staff of the Non Public Funds in the NCR.
The role of CFSU(O) is to deliver the following:
• Administrative support and comptroller services to military personnel within the NCR;
• Transport and supply services to units, detachments and elements located in the NCR;
• Morale and welfare;
• Fitness and sports;
• Parades and protocol;
• Management of unit facilities for organizations located in the NCR;
• Security and Military Police (SAMP) services,
including contracted security escorts for NCR units;
• Support services as part of the General Safety Program to units,
detachments and elements in the NCR; • Training at Connaught Range and Primary Training Centre; and
• Imaging Services. CFSU(O) oversees primary military, first aid, and safety training for all military personnel within the NCR. The Connaught Range and Primary Training Centre (CRPTC), situated 22 km west of Ottawa at Shirley’s Bay on the Ottawa River, belongs to CFSU(O) and provides training support resources for the CF, cadet and other agencies in the NCR, and for specified national activities. CFSU(O) is responsible for 70 leased and owned CF and DND occupied buildings in the NCR in both Ontario and Quebec, including Uplands and CRPTC. The boundaries of the NCR extend roughly from Brockville in the South to Kazabazua in the North and from Plantagenet in the East to Renfrew in the West. Within the NCR, CFSU(O) employs approximately 404 personnel (242 military and 162 civilian). CFSU(O) strives to be recognized as a centre of excellence and respected for providing the highest quality of support to all military personnel in the NCR, in the most efficient manner possible. You will find additional information on CFSU(O) at the following links: http://cfsuo.mil.ca/intro_e. asp (Intranet) and www.cfsuo-usfco.forces.gc.ca (Internet).
Detailed information regarding contact numbers and hours of operation is available in the next section of this book.
Your first stop in Ottawa should be the Oderly Room – 5th floor, North Tower of the Mgen Pearkes Bldg, at 101 Colonel By Drive. No appointments required for members clearing in to the NCR; service is on a first-come, firstserved basis. The Orderly Room is open from 0730 hrs to 1400 hrs Monday to Friday. Contact the Reception Desk at 613-996-1044.
Other services offered at the Orderly Room:
• Pay & Records Section • Cashier
Acceptable Dress: Customers wearing any of these items will be denied service: Denim clothing (including jeans, cargo pants, overalls), sports clothing (sweatshirts, t-shirts, sweat pants, spandex pants, shorts, rugby pants) and running shoes, beach/sport sandals or flip-flops.
Brookfield Global Relocation Services – located on the 6th floor, North Tower of the MGen Pearkes Bldg. This is where you complete your relocation claim. If you have just arrived in Ottawa and are waiting to receive your furniture, contact the CFSU(O) Furniture and Effects Section (F&E) at the following numbers: • F&E Supervisor : 613-992-8765 • Incoming from within Canada: 613-992-8771 • Incoming from abroad: 613-996-6251
Pass Control – located on the 1st floor, North Tower of the MGen Pearkes Bldg.
Passes and ID Cards - new arrivals to the NCR must have the original DND-1102 form completed by their Unit Security Supervisor (USS) before a pass will be issued.
Messes – In-clearances for the messes will be done by completing your Mess Affiliation Form during your first visit to CFSU(O)’s Orderly Room.