The essential pieces you need this fall.
10 essentials for your most fashionable fall ever.
1. THE TALL BOOT Sleek, stacked and at least knee-high, these boots are made for gawking. Seen at Gucci, Carven and Louis Vuitton.
2. THE FLORAL BROOCH Pin one on. A bright, bold bloom is your instant outfit upgrade. Seen at Dries Van Noten, Céline and Fendi.
8. THE ROBE COAT What wind chill? Fall’s coats are big, belted and your best bet for staying cozy all season. Seen at Altuzarra, Max Mara and Peter Som.
9. THE EMBELLISHED EXTRA This season, accessories get the high-shine treatment—best worn with a more-is-merrier attitude. Seen at Blumarine, Dolce & Gabbana and Rodarte.
10. THE OPTICAL DRESS Beholder, beware: Fall’s dizzying prints are easy to get lost in. Stay grounded in graphic black and white. Seen at Andrew Gn, Mara Hoffman and Bottega Veneta.
3. THE KITSCHY TOP A sense of humour is your best accessory when it comes to the season’s campy, cutesy motifs. Seen at Calla, House of Holland and Jeremy Scott.
4. THE LEOPARD BLOUSE Embrace the call of the wild in fall’s fiercest print, spotted on everything from blouses to bags. Seen at Sportmax, Chloé and Tom Ford.
5. THE PINK PARTY DRESS Punchy hues and way-high hemlines make fall’s fave shade a far cry from girlie. Seen at Valentino, Christopher Kane and Miu Miu.
6. THE CABLEKNIT SWEATER The cold-clime staple makes a bid for fashion BFF. Meet your new live-in-it sweater. Seen at Barbara Bui, 3.1 Phillip Lim and Sonia Rykiel.
7. THE FRINGE ACCESSORY From the Wild West to the Roaring Twenties, designers took broad cues for fall’s fringe obsession. Seen at Just Cavalli, Michael Kors and Ralph Lauren.
Satin brooch, Just Sultan
($20, just sultan.com) Suede and microstretch boots, Stuart Weitzman ($725, stuartweitzman.ca) Alpaca and wool coat, Sentaler
($660, at Holt Renfrew, holtrenfrew.com) Cotton, glass and plastic pouch, Anthropologie ($59.50, anthropologie.com)
Viscose and elastane dress, Etro ($1,468,
Suede boots, Aquazzura ($910, at NET-APORTER.com)
Wool and cashmere pullover, 424 Fifth ($249, at Hudson’s Bay, thebay.com)
Cotton and polyurethane
sweatshirt, Topshop ($96, at Hudson’s Bay,
Silk blouse, Joe
Fresh ($59, joefresh.com)
Polyester dress, Asos ($99, asos.com)