How Miranda Kerr looks like Miranda Kerr.
MIRANDA KERR could teach a master class in balanced living. The mega-model, published author and certified health practitioner radiates happiness as the face of Escada’s new Joyful perfume, an uplifting bouquet of flowers “enriched with earthy sandalwood and pink peony, which I adore,” she says. We have much to learn from her supermodel ways, but we’ve narrowed it down to 10 lessons—for now.
1. BE JOYFUL. Kerr takes inspiration from the fragrance’s message of finding pleasure in the moments that make up your day. “My natural character is very joyful and fun; I like to be silly and very present with my
friends and family and when I’m at work.”
2. SUPPORT THE LADIES. Kerr wrote Treasure Yourself, a collection of life lessons
and daily affirmations. “Empowering women to embrace their individuality is very dear to my heart. I want young women to feel that they don’t have to
fit into a certain category. They can be authentic and
feel powerful within.” 6. SAY “OM.” “Take five or 10 minutes for yourself and do a little meditation. You can give so much more to your family and your work, and you’re generally much happier if you do things that make you feel good.” 10. MAKE AN IMPRESSION. Kerr sprays Escada Joyful on her clothes before she gets dressed and on the ends of her hair. “When I walk through a room, it’s a subtle way of making my presence known.”
5. WATCH THE CLOCK. “Since I had my son, it appears that I’m working more than I was before, but I’m actually working more efficiently. I’ve learned to plan my schedule and ensure that I have enough quality time with my son and for my friends and myself.”
8. JUST BOUNCE.“I love to put on some music and dance to de-stress. I have a little rebounder. My son [Flynn, three] and I have such fun jumping around.” 7. BE ENTREPRENEURIAL. Kerr’s desert-island musthave beauty product comes from her own beauty range: KORA Organics Enriched Body Lotion ($58). “It’s really hydrating, and you can use it on your body as well as your face.”
3. MASTER OFF- DUTY BEAUTY.
Looking pulled together is easy, according to Kerr.
“A bit of concealer, a red lip, my sunglasses and I’m
ready to go. I have quite a collection of reds. It has only been a couple of years since I started liking red. If you’re tired, it can really
uplift your mood.”
4. BE PREPARED. Because a Vitamix is too heavy to lug to shoots in her Givenchy Antigona, Kerr always packs
her own personal smoothie mix: one tablespoon each of acaí powder, goji berries, spirulina, raw cacao powder, maca powder and chia and 1½ tablespoons of vegan rice protein powder. “I have these little travel baggies that I make up before I leave the house,
and then I just add water or coconut water.”
Escada Joyful Eau de Parfum Spray ($104 for 75 mL). For details, see Shopping Guide.
9. GET OUTSIDE.“I love to be outdoors and go walking in nature and along the beach. Being in nature is so energizing.”