How to meditate when you feel ready to implode. Start with 10 minutes a day and work your way up to 30 minutes if you can.
1. Find a quiet space where you can relax, and sit on a chair.
2. Defocus your eyes by gazing softly into the middle distance.
3. Observe your posture and notice the sensations
of your body on the chair. Acknowledge your senses. Close your eyes.
4. Turn your mind inward and mentally scan your body, from head to toe, observing any tension or discomfort.
5. Bring your attention to your breathing, but don’t make any effort to change it. Observe the rising and falling sensation that it creates in your body.
6. You might find yourself inundated with thoughts and
plans or feel calm and focused. Whatever happens is completely fine.
7. Become aware once more of the physical feelings: the chair beneath you, where your feet make contact with the floor, your arms, your hands resting in your lap. Notice anything you can hear, smell, taste or feel.
8. When you are ready, slowly open your eyes.