HOW TO COMMIT TO A FITNESS ROUTINE
1. CHOOSE WISELY. Hate running? Don’t start now or you’ll never be motivated. Find what you love; there’s a workout for it.
2. DRESS TO IMPRESS. “The more you invest in anything, the more you value it,” says neuropsychologist and nutritionist Adele Tevlin. Invest in a new pair of kicks or sleek workout gear—you’ll be more inclined to use them.
3. FIND SOME INSTA-INSPO. Follow Kayla Itsines, the 23-yearold Australian fitness guru who alternates posts of her own toned and tanned limbs with the touching transformations of her followers.
4. #SQUADGOALS A new study from Northwestern Medicine reveals that recording workouts online with your clique can boost weight loss. Those who connected with more than 10 friends through a fitness social network shed almost 3 percent more pounds than those who didn’t.
5. SAVE THE DATE. Schedule sweat time into your calendar— it makes it harder to bail. 6. SET GOALS. Be honest about why you want to shape up—even if it’s as silly as wanting to look good when you run into your ex at a party. Connecting with the “why” will help you carry through on your promises, says Tevlin.