la- la land
BTS deets on this month’s cover.
As we lay stretched out on loungers under the trees, with all of Los Angeles laid out below us, the team of ELLE Canada staffers on-set for our November cover shoot had a collective “I heart L.A.” moment—and it didn’t hurt that our location (FYI, you can actually rent this Beverly Hills property on Airbnb!) looked like something out of a mid-century-modern Hollywood fantasy. Our cover star, Dakota, was a bit of a dream herself and set the mood for a laid-back day in the California sunshine. Our only regret? We didn’t get a chance to go in the pool. n
1. Viscose dress, Mango ($69.95, mango.com).
2. Rhodium-plated-metal and crystal necklace, Atelier Swarovski ($279, swarovski.ca).
3. Maybelline New York Color Show Nail Lacquer in Deep in Violet ($3.99, at drugstores and mass-market retailers).
4. Leather booties, Carven ($990, carven.fr).
5. Cotton blouse, Winners ($24.99, winners.ca).
6. Stretch-lace robe, L’Agent by Agent Provocateur ($313.85, at Holt Renfrew, holtrenfrew. com). 7. Sterling-silver bracelet, Thomas Sabo ($264, thomassabo.com). 3 1 2 4
Above: Silk-tulle dressing gown and silk dress (Attico), leather corset (Loewe), rhodium-plated-brass, cubic-zirconia and leather choker and rhodium-plated-brass ring (Fallon), sterling-silver necklace (Alex Woo), sterling-silver, peridot, blue-topaz and amethyst ring, sterling-silver and onyx bracelet and sterling-silver and pink-quartz bracelet (Myel) and sterling-silver ring (Sarah & Sebastian)