TOMATO AVOCADO TARTINES
4 slices of bread from an artisanal round loaf of bread (preferably sourdough) Extra virgin olive oil 4-6 tbsp. (50-75 ml) aioli or mayonnaise 2 avocadoes, sliced 8 tender lettuce leaves of your choice 2 large tomatoes, cored and sliced Sea salt and freshly cracked pepper
1. Preheat broiler. Place bread on baking sheet. Brush lightly with olive oil.
2. Place under broiler until just light golden around edges. (Watch carefully that it does not burn). Remove from oven.
3. Spread aioli over bread. Top with two lettuce leaves on each piece.
4. Divide avocado slices over top followed by tomato slices.
5. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
6. Serve immediately. Serves 4.