Please, consider Living Donation for mymom...
nd at help and ask for your help. I’m not old enough to donate my kidney, but you could be. Please consider helping by donating a kidney to my mom -I don’t want to lose my greatest role model.
You might not know a lot about living donation - I know I didn’t before kidney disease affected my mother. Understandably, some people are afraid about the surgery and what living with one kidney will mean for them. Here’s some basic information about kidney donation:
• You only need one kidney to live a healthy, long life.
• Most donor surgery is done laparoscopically, meaning through tiny incisions.
• The recuperation period is usually fairly quick, generally two weeks.
• The cost of your evaluation and surgery will be covered by my insurance. The hospital can give you extensive information on this.
• You will have a separate team of healthcare professionals to evaluate you as a living donor. Their jo job is to help you understand the risks and benefits and look out for YOUR best interests.
Thank you for taking the time to read my story. If donating a kidney to me is something you would like to consider, I would be happy to tell you more about my story and explore the process of determining if you are a match for me. - By
Please get in touch. You can also contact my mom’ss transplant center directly at: Living Donor Program, 519 663-3552. My mom’s name is