Hot enough in the garden for ya?
Summer garden quiz
Test your knowledge by answering true or false to the following questions.
1. Thunderstorms make plants greener.
2. Rainwater is best for plants because it is so pure.
3. Generally, wind is bad for plants.
4. A hot, sunny day is a good time to collect seeds.
5. A hot, sunny day is a good time to cut flowers for indoor bouquets. 6. Put your hanging baskets in the shade during a heat wave.
7. Watering on a sunny day will cause leaf scorching.
8. If you don’t water your grass through the summer it will die.
9. Plants absorb more water during a full moon.
10. Lettuce appreciates a little shade on a hot day.
Can your outdoor planters take the heat?