Make your favourite wings in the oven with this crispy recipe for baked teriyaki chicken wings made with baking powder and a homemade teriyaki sauce.
Prep: 10 minutes Cook: 40 minutes
serves 8 Ingredients
• 1 Tbsp canola oil
• 2 kg / 4.4 lbs split chicken wings
• 2 Tbsp baking powder
• 1 cup pineapple juice
• 1/4 cup low sodium soy sauce
• 1/4 cup water
• 2 Tbsp rice vinegar
• 1 Tbsp hoisin
• 1 Tbsp minced ginger
• 2 cloves garlic, minced
1. Arrange racks in top and bottom thirds of oven and preheat to 400F. Line two large rimmed baking sheets with foil. Set a wire rack on each prepared sheet and brush with oil.
2. Toss wings in baking powder and arrange in a single layer on prepared racks.
3. Bake for 20 minutes, switch and rotate sheets and bake another 20 minutes.
4. Meanwhile, prepare sauce. Heat a small saucepan over med-high heat, boil all ingredients for 15 minutes, stirring frequently until thickened. Remove wings from oven and let stand until cool enough to touch, about 5 min.
Toss wings with sauce until coated. Serve immediately.
For metro canada