Bomb threat halts soccer game
Germany The friendly soccer game between Germany and the Netherlands was cancelled at short notice due to the serious threat of an attack at the stadium on Tuesday.
“We had concrete evidence that someone wanted to set off an explosive device in the stadium,” Hannover police chief Volker Kluwe told German TV.
Referring to another bomb threat about an hour beforehand that turned out to be a false alarm, Kluwe said, “After the first object turned out to be harmless, we got a tip that had to be taken seriously that an attack was being planned.”
Lower Saxony Interior Minister
Boris Pistorius, speaking at a late news conference, said no explosives had been found by then, and no arrests