LUNCH CHICKEN CHILI TACOS
If your family doesn’t already have a taco day then you’ll definitely want to start the tradition with this juicy and tender chicken dish.
Prep time: 10 minutes Cook time: 6 hours
• 6 boneless, skinless chicken thighs
• 1 ½ cups prepared pico de gallo or salsa
• ¼ cup fresh lime juice
• 2 tsp cumin seeds, lightly toasted
• ¼ cup chopped fresh cilantro
• 12 taco shells
1. Place the chicken, pico de gallo or salsa, lime juice and cumin seeds in a slow cooker and stir to combine. Cover and cook on low for 6 hours.
2. Allow to cool a bit. Scoop the chicken out with a big slotted spoon and place it in a large bowl. Use two forks to pull the meat apart. The chicken will shred easily. Stir in some cooking juices from the pot and add the cilantro.
3. Place the shredded chicken, your taco shells and desired fixings on the table and let everyone put together their own perfect taco.
Let your family to their tacos with their favourite ingredients. This recipe serves four.