DINNER BUTTER CHICKEN
You won’t believe how good the house smells when you come through the door to this healthy recipe that doesn’t actually use a drop of butter but delivers double on creamy and rich flavour.
Prep time: 10 minutes Cook time: 6 hours
• 2 lb chicken thighs or breasts, cut into bite-sized pieces • 1 onion, chopped
• 3 or 4 cloves of garlic, minced
• 1 tsp minced ginger
• 147 ml tube of tomato paste
• 1 heaping Tbsp curry
• 1 x 400 ml coconut milk
• 1/2 cup Greek yogurt
• 1/4 cup milk
• 2 Tbsps coconut oil
• small handful of cilantro for garnish
1. Put everything in the slow cooker and stir it all around.
2. Close the lid. Set the timer for 6 hours. Don’t worry if you need to be away from home for 8 hours or longer — it will be OK.
3. Serve with a big spoonful of jasmine rice and a sprinkling of cilantro.
This recipe serves eight.