BREAKFAST PB AND BANANA SANDWICH OATMEAL
This morning bowl of oats is like your favourite childhood flavours all rolled together in one bowl.
Prep time: 10 minutes Cook time: 8 hours
• 1 1/4 cups steel cut oats
• 2 cups almond milk
• 1 cup milk • 1 cup water
• 1 Tbsp flax meal
• 1 Tbsp chia seeds
• 1 tsp real vanilla extract
• 1/4 tsp salt
• 1/3 cup chunky or smooth peanut butter
• 1 ripe banana, sliced
• 1 tablespoon honey
• 1 tablespoon brown sugar
1. Add oats, almond milk, milk, water, flax meal, chia seeds, vanilla extract, salt and peanut butter into your slow cooker. Give it all a stir with a whisk to break up the peanut butter.
2. Arrange banana slices across the top. Drizzle with honey and then sprinkle the brown sugar. Cover and cook on low for 8 hours.
3. In the morning, scoop oatmeal out of slow cooker, pour in splash of almond milk and garnish with toasted, sliced almonds and some shredded coconut.
This recipe serves four.