Quiz: How Strong Is Your Bond With Your Cat?
Take this quiz to find out how well bonded you and your cat are, then follow the tips at the end to super-charge your bond!
Reveal the strength of your bond: take this quiz to find out how well bonded you and your cat are, then follow the tips to super-charge your relationship!
Answer these 8 questions then add up the score. #1 Does your cat approach you for affection?
• Always! (Answered with just the tiniest hint of smug smile.) (score 5) • Most of the time. ( score 4) • If he feels like it (like if there's nothing better happening or I have a really tasty treat in hand). (score 3) • Rarely. (score 2) • Never. (score 1)
#2 When your cat sits near you, does she ever face away from you?
• All the time. (score 5) • Occasionally. (score 4) • Only when she doesn't realize I'm in the room. (score 3) • No way. Never. (score 2) • I rarely see my cat. She’s always hiding. (score 1)
You've been away for the weekend. You return home to find your cat:
• Vocalizing your ankles. and (score wending 5) around • Waiting by the door when you walk in, ready to follow you everywhere. (score 4) • Totally relaxed, chilling on the couch. (score 3) • Watching you from the upmost perch of the cat tree. (score 2) • Your cat is nowhere to be found. She may be under the bed in the spare room. (score 1)
Does your cat check in with you to see what you're up to?
• Totally! My cat is always seeking me out and checking in with me. (score 5) • My cat is pretty good at checking in with me though sometimes I have to call her name to get her attention. (score 4) • If I have food, yes. If not, forget about it. (score 3) • Nope! He's too busy napping. (score 2) • He might be watching me from under the couch. It’s hard to tell. (score 1)
#5 Your cat is sleeping beside you on the couch. She is:
• Lying paws out, tummy exposed. (score 5) • Head butting you, asking to be pet. (score 4) • Curled up relaxing. (score 3) • Regarding you from the far end of the sofa. (score 2) • You placed her on the couch but she immediately jumped down and hid under a piece of furniture. (score 1)
#6 You're home. Your cat is:
• Practically lying on top of your head. (score 5) • Sitting on the couch with you, but facing away from you. (score 4) • Lying on the adjacent couch. (score 3) • Watching you from across the living room. (score 2) • Hiding in another room. (score 1)
#7 Does your cat enjoy being handled by you?
• Of course, because my cat can't get close enough to me. (score 5) • Absolutely! My cat loves to be pet on her own terms. (score 4) • My cat is pretty into it unless there's something better happening. (score 3) • No way, hates it. ( score 2) • Not sure, I’m afraid I’ll lose a finger. (score 1)
#8 If you hide, does your cat look for you?
• Absolutely! My cat wants to be right where I am…in the kitchen, in the bathroom with me. Forget about solo time! (score 5) • Yep! She'll put forth an effort to see where I went. (score 4) • Her eyes might follow me for a moment or two before she goes back to napping. (score 3)
• Are you kidding? She's more relaxed when she has the place to herself. (score 2) • I’m pretty certain my cat only shows her face when no one is home. (score 1)