Man gunned down in apart­ment hall­way

Montreal Gazette - - CITY -

A 31-year-old man is dead af­ter be­ing gunned down Tuesday night in the hall­way of the Mon­treal North apart­ment build­ing where he lived.

Po­lice said 911 was flooded with calls around 10:15 p.m. re­port­ing gun­shots at an address on Lau­sanne Ave. near Fleury St.

From what in­ves­ti­ga­tors had been able to glean on Wed­nes­day, the shoot­ing oc­curred af­ter a group of in­di­vid­u­als in a car pulled up in front of the address and en­tered the build­ing’s hall­way where the vic­tim was present.

One of the in­di­vid­u­als pulled out a gun and opened fire. The sus­pects then re­turned to their car and fled the scene. The vic­tim was de­clared dead at the scene.

Po­lice said the vic­tim had a record for nar­cotics of­fences, but that it was too soon to de­ter­mine if his mur­der had any­thing to do with drugs. The shoot­ing was the 16th homi­cide of 2017 on the is­land of Mon­treal.

PIERRE OBEN­DRAUF

Mon­treal po­lice look for ev­i­dence on Wed­nes­day out­side a home where a fa­tal shoot­ing was com­mit­ted on Lau­sanne Av­enue.

Newspapers in English

Newspapers from Canada

© PressReader. All rights reserved.