Remembrance Day ceremony at John Abbott College
The public is invited to join in the 12th joint Remembrance Day Ceremony. Veterans of all ages, who have served in wars and conflicts around the world, will be present for the ceremony. Schools participating: Macdonald High School, McGill University – Macdonald campus, Edgewater and Saint-Patrick Elementary schools and John Abbott College.
What: Bilingual ceremony to commemorate Remembrance Day. Speakers include:
• McGill University, Macdonald Campus- Associate-DeanJim Fyles
• John Abbott College - Director General – John Halpin
• MacDonal High School - Principle - Jad Deegan
• MCSS (Macdonald Campus Students' Society) Representative – Jade Corriveau – co-MC
• SUJAC (Student Union of John Abbott College) Representative – Sean Smith – coMC
• MacDonal High School Representatives – Ceilidh & Zenith Leroux
When: Thursday, November 9, 2017 10:15 a.m. Processions lead by 3 different pipers will leave from MacDonald High, John Abbott and McGill’s Raymond building simultaneously. All will gather at the monument at the east end of Memorial Field where Veterans from Sainte-Anne’s Hospital will be seated.
11:15 a.m. End of ceremony
John Abbott College, 21275 Lakeshore, Sainte-Anne-de-Bellevue H9X 3L9 (Monument at North-East corner of Memorial Field.)
Why: To honour and remember all those who serve Canada in times of war, military conflict and peace.