CONFIDENCE IS YOUR BEST OUTFIT OWN IT!
EVER NOTICE HOW CONFIDENT PEOPLE ATTRACT SUCCESS?
Confidence is feeling comfortable in your own skin and believing in yourself. You do not need to be the smartest, the fastest, the strongest, the best looking or the most talented individual to exude confidence. You just need to be you!
No one can give you confidence, it comes from within, and there is no secret weapon to obtain it. Confidence is like a super power when you realize what it can do for you. Confident women have more opportunities in life, whether it's landing your dream job, increasing your income, succeeding in business, finding your soul mate or embarking on new adventures.
Confident people come in all different shapes and sizes. A young woman I grew up with was full figured and plus sized. While some plus sized women feel insecure, she didn't. She owned her body type and rocked it! She always looked like a million bucks. Her wardrobe was flattering to her body type, her hair and make-up styled just right without appearing overdone. She felt good about herself and it showed. Her confidence made her stunning and allowed her inner beauty to shine through. Her charismatic personality was a magnet; attracting people and opportunities.
So how do you build your confidence? I have five tips to share:
1. PLAY TO YOUR STRENGTHS. Don't try to be something you're not. Make a list of your best qualities, talents and skills then ensure that you are in a position to showcase them as often as possible.
2. SET SMALL GOALS AND ACHIEVE THEM.
Whether you want to exercise 3 days a week, get up in the morning without hitting the snooze button, learn something new, or complete a task you've been procrastinating on; make little promises to yourself and stick to them. Do what you said you were going
to do. When you fail to keep promises to yourself, you begin to doubt yourself and erode confidence rather than build it.
3. DRESS THE PART. People judge. The sooner you realize and accept that fact, the sooner you can use this realization to your benefit. If you are going for a job interview, be mindful of how you want others to perceive you. I’m not saying to be someone you are not; be authentic and put your best self forward. Fashion is an expression of yourself, your creativity, your personality. What does your wardrobe say about you? What do you want people’s first impressions to be? When you wear something that looks good on your body type, and is appropriate for the occasion, you will feel good. When you feel good, you’ll notice you stand taller, feel happier and exude confidence. Confidence isn’t derived from what you wear, but wearing the right outfit can give your self-esteem a boost.
4. GET OUT OF YOUR COMFORT ZONE. Try something new that makes you feel uncomfortable. When done, you’ll be amazed at how good you feel. The more you do this the more confident you will be as you realize that you can do amazing things you never thought possible.
5. TAKE CONTROL OF YOUR FINANCES. Money doesn’t buy happiness, but not feeling in control of your finances creates stress and negatively impacts your confidence level. Spending less than you earn is the first step in taking control of your finances. Avoid the temptation to buy expensive things you can’t afford in an attempt to shape other people’s perception of you. This will not build confidence; it will put you in a weak financial position and only temporarily mask low self-esteem.
Bonus tip: Fake it until you are it. Be mindful of your body language and facial expressions. Stand tall, put a smile on your face and make direct eye contact. Let others see the version of yourself you want to be and you’ll be surprised at how quickly you start to believe it yourself. Now that you know how to build your confidence, own it - it truly is your best outfit!