Norse 2 Se­ries


The Norse 2 se­ries sits sec­ond up from Nor­dost’s en­try-level Leif se­ries and in turn, con­tains three cable lines: Heim­dall 2, Frey 2 and Tyr 2, in as­cend­ing or­der, in terms of price and per­for­mance. Norse 2 was in­tro­duced in Jan­uary 2012 and in- cor­po­rates much of the knowl­edge and in­no­va­tion that Nor­dost ac­quired in de­vel­op­ing their Val­halla Ref­er­ence and Odin flag­ship cable se­ries. Key to the Norse 2 se­ries per­for­mance ad­van­tage is its pro­pri­etary Mi­cro Mono-Fil­a­ment con­struc­tion; pi­o­neered in the Val­halla Ref­er­ence se­ries.

Mi­cro Mono-Fil­a­ment Con­struc­tion cre­ates a vir­tual air di­elec­tric com­plete with an el­e­gantly en­gi­neered sus­pen­sion sys­tem. Why is this ben­e­fi­cial? The best di­elec­tric (least im­ping­ing) is a pure vac­uum; the next is air – both vir­tu­ally im­pos­si­ble to achieve in any prac­ti­cal sense. Te­flon, the trade­marked name for FEP (Flu­o­ri­nated Ethy­lene Propy­lene) is the next best di­elec­tric. Mi­cro Mono Fil­a­ment Tech­nol­ogy in­volves wind­ing a FEP thread around the con­duc­tor, which is then en­cased in an outer FEP jacket. This re­sults in the con­duc­tor con­tact­ing the FEP only 20% of the time, while it re­mains in just air for the other 80%; a near per­fect sit­u­a­tion that dra­mat­i­cally re­duces any neg­a­tive ef­fects on sig­nal trans­fer.

The Mi­cro Mono-Fil­a­ment FEP Con­struc­tion of Norse 2 is com­bined with very high-qual­ity ma­te­ri­als; in this case, solid­core con­duc­tors of Oxy­gen Free Cop­per (OFC) with 99.99999% pu­rity and 60 m sil­ver-plat­ing, to en­sure ul­tra-fast, lowloss sig­nal trans­fer. In ad­di­tion, Nor­dost uses op­ti­mized con­duc­tor di­men­sions and asym­met­ri­cal ground­ing topol­ogy to max­i­mize the per­for­mance of Norse 2 ca­bles.

Th­ese key Norse 2 fea­tures ap­ply to all three cable lines within the se­ries, namely: Heim­dall 2, Frey 2 and Tyr 2. Heim­dall 2, though the low­est line within Norse 2, has the broad­est set of prod­uct of­fer­ings, in­clud­ing: ana­log in­ter­con­nects, dig­i­tal in­ter­con­nects, speaker ca­bles, head-

Newspapers in English

Newspapers from Canada

© PressReader. All rights reserved.