10 traits of a successful interview
1. Candidate reviewed the job description/requirements and made a list of (and memorized) all the reasons (with examples) why he or she would succeed in the job.
2. Candidate projects a positive “can do/will do” attitude.
3. Candidate answers clearly where he or she wants to be in three to five years and how the job will help him or her get there.
4. Candidate understands how the company makes money and how the job relates to how the company makes money.
5. Candidate can clearly and confidently explain his or her strengths and weaknesses.
6. Candidate stays focused and answers the questions that are asked.
7. Candidate sends a thank-you note after the interview. 8. Candidate has prepared questions to ask related to his or her role and the future of the company.
9. Candidate shows up on time (or calls if running late).
10. Candidate expresses interest in the job at the end of the interview (if applicable).