16 ways to annoy potential employers
Don't annoy people who hold your future in their hands. Be cool and professional!
1. Apply for jobs you are not qualified for.
2. Send a generic cover letter that doesn't identify the position you're interested in.
3. Put a useless, seen-it-a-million-times Objective on your resume.
4. Make your resume a list of past duties instead of accomplishments.
5. Lie, brag or exaggerate about ANYTHING.
6. Keep making repetitive "notice-me" calls to ask if your resume was received.
7. Fail to respond quickly to messages left on your answering machine or voicemail.
8. Arrive at the interview late.
9. Be rude to the receptionist. 10. Fail to research the company prior to the interview.
11. Refuse to give your salary requirements when requested prior to the interview.
12. Put "See attached resume" instead of filling out the application completely.
13. Be unprepared at the interview.
14. Ask "What's in it for ME?" type questions at the interview.
15. Fail to send a thank- you letter after the interview.
16. Call to ask about the status of the position days before you were told they'd make a decision.