A host of golden daffodils
Test your knowledge by answering true or false to the following questions.
1. A daffodil is a kind of narcissus.
2. The plural of narcissus is narcissus, not narcissi or narcissuses.
3. Daffodils multiply by seed.
4. Daffodils don’t like clay soil.
5. Daffodils come only in yellow, white and variations of the two.
6. Poeticus daffodils always have white outer petals. 7. If your daffodils don’t bloom, give them plenty of nitrogen.
8. If daffodil leaves emerge with fine yellow streaks on them, dig them up and throw them away.
9. It is a Welsh tradition to bring daffodils into the house on St. David’s day.
10. Squirrels don’t eat daffodil bulbs.
Find answers on page 46.