HERB-GRILLED LAMB CHOPS WITH DIJON
½ cup (125 mL) canola oil ⅓ cup (80 mL) apple cider vinegar
8 cloves garlic, bruised
2 bay leaves
2 tbsp (30 mL) Dijon mustard 1 tsp (5 mL) dried rosemary, crumbled
1 tsp (5 mL) dried thyme, crumbled
1 tsp (5 mL) salt
1 tsp (5 mL) freshly ground pepper
16 lamb loin chops
1. Combine oil, vinegar, garlic, bay leaves, Dijon mustard, rosemary, thyme, salt and pepper in a heavy-duty zip-lock plastic bag. Add lamb. Seal and marinate in refrigerator for 30 minutes. Flip occasionally.
2. Preheat a natural gas barbecue on high heat for 10-15 minutes.
3. Remove lamb from marinade; discard marinade.
4. Grill lamb to desired doneness, about 2-4 minutes per side. Rest for 5 minutes.
5. Cook’s Note: As an alternative to using a barbecue, lamb chops may be prepared in a grill pan on the stovetop. Heat grill pan over medium-high heat. Add lamb chops and grill to desired doneness, about 4-5 minutes per side for medium rare.