First Narrows (North) Bat­tery (1939 - 1944), North Van­cou­ver

RCN News - - News -

An AMTB bat­tery of two 12-pounder quick-fir­ing guns was tem­po­rar­ily lo­cated at the Capi­lano River Spit. It was moved to a three-story con­crete "gantry" lo­cated un­der the piers of the Lions Gate Bridge. No re­mains. Three search­lights were em­placed here. One AA gun was em­placed nearby at Am­ble­side in 1942.

Newspapers in English

Newspapers from Canada

© PressReader. All rights reserved.