Steveston Battery (1940s), Steveston
A field emplacement for two 18-pounder MK1 guns. An AA battery was also located here. One 18-pounder gun was later replaced with two 25-pounder guns. Located on the northern bank of the mouth of the Fraser River, on top of the dike near the town. NOTES: The WWII Fire Command post (1942
- 1944) was once located at "Wadsley" (West Vancouver), near McKechnie Park. It was later converted to a private guest house, but was demolished in 2006 or 2007. A battery observation post was located at Prospect Point, First Narrows (South). From 1943 - 1945 there were four additional sites with four each 3.7-inch AA guns, which replaced 40mm Bofors guns emplaced in 1942, located at Little Mountain, Lynnmour, Burnaby, and Sea Island (Vancouver International Airport). The Royal Canadian Air Force Seaplane Base was located at Jericho Beach, now a city park. The concrete apron and three original station buildings still remain, now in adaptive re-use.