1. NASA’s mission to look for earthlike planets in other solar systems is named for what German astronomer?
2. What meat is featured in the “tandoori” and “butter” dishes that are said to have originated at the Moti Mahal restaurant in New Delhi?
3. In the Harry Potter universe, what animal is the mascot of Gryffindor?
4. Dick Cheney is a fan of what Broadway musical about another American vice-president?
5. In the order of the periodic table, which is the first element with an official abbreviation that also happens to be a valid
6. In a 100-meter dash, Usain Bolt would need a 60-metre head start to win against which mammal?
7. In Finding Neverland, Johnny Depp played J.M. Barrie, who created what fictional ageless boy? 8. During the Chinese Cultural Revolution, which political leader’s teachings were credited with helping farmers fatten pigs?
9. Lord Byron had the same given name as a current British prince. What was it?
10. Rosie’s Bar was an actual bar in Seoul that was popular with American servicemen during the Korean War. It inspired the fictional Rosie’s Bar on what TV show?
11. What fictional jazz-age character was played by Robert Redford in 1974
and Leonardo DiCaprio in 2013?
12. Two objects get thrown in the heptathlon. One is the javelin. What is the other?
13. What tennis player wrote a biography called You Cannot Be Serious, named for his words to a Wimbledon umpire?
14. What fluid carries oxygen into the body’s cells?
15. Which country’s government had to close the paleolithic Lascaux cave paintings
to visitors because their breath and sweat was damaging the art?