Box 2 Example: Hasbro’s ‘Forgetting Challenges’ in the Mid 1990s
Following are some of the core assumptions that Hasbro needed to selectively forget to ensure its future:
• We are a product company.
• We make analog-based games that have long product life cycles and generate high margins.
• We distribute through brick-and-mortar retail outlets. • Our consumers are kids aged 15 and younger.
• We make board games that promote face-to-face social interaction in a physical setting.
• We are an American company.