Seven Practices for Being Great at Work
MASTERING YOUR OWN WORK
1. Select a tiny set of priorities and make a huge effort in those chosen areas.
2. Redesign your work by focusing on creating value, not just reaching pre-set goals.
3. Eschew mindless repetition in favour of better skills practice (‘quality learning’).
4. Seek roles that match your passion with a strong sense of purpose.
MASTERING WORKING WITH OTHERS
5. Shrewdly deploy influence and inspirational tactics to gain the support of others.
6. Cut back on wasteful team meetings and make sure the ones you do run and attend spark vigorous debate.
7. Carefully pick which cross-unit projects to get involved in, and say No to less-productive collaborations.