• Dec. 13, 1785 - Loyalist newcomers to New Brunswick petition Governor Thomas Carleton for an Academy of liberal Arts and Sciences. A Provincial Acad- emy is established the same year in Fredericton - the beginning of UNB.
• Dec. 14, 1877 - On this founding date, the Fredericton Temperance Reform Club holds a large torchlight parade with two bands and 1000 marchers in support of the temperance movement.
• Dec. 15, 1725 - Dummer's Treaty of Peace and Friendship is signed in Boston (Massachusetts), and British authorities promise to respect Wabanahki (Passamaquoddy, Maliseet, and Mi'kmaq) hunting, fishing, and planting grounds.
• Dec. 16, 1934 - "The Slippery Eel of Alcatraz", John Stadig, of Connors, is captured in Portland Oregon, having leaped from a moving train. Stadig becomes the first inmate to escape Alcatraz prison (California).
• Dec. 18, 1878 - In Grand Falls, there is a "stir about town" as Christmas beef and poultry are being purchased: "Although the times are hard, people cannot afford to let Christmas go by without their customary goose or turkey" !