– Dec. 20, 1911 – The Albert County natural gas pipeline from Stoney Creek commences service to Moncton, although a temporary disruption occurs when a gas explosion on Main Street destroys four buildings.
– Dec. 21, 1943 – Joseph Leon Therriault, of Saint Hilaire, patents wood molding Weatherstripping for windows and doors.
– Dec. 21, 1878 – The City Market in Saint John reports heavy sales of “country produce”, as the Christmas season approaches.
– Dec. 21, 1867 – In Fredericton, the "Colonial Farmer" advertises that Santa Claus has appointed Charles A. Sampson as agent for the sale of “all sorts of Fancy Confectionery for the Holiday Season”. New Brunswick’s first Santa Claus.
– Dec. 22, 1903 – The first convention of the New Brunswick Teachers’ Union is held in Moncton. The organization is renamed the New Brunswick Teachers’ Association and a constitution is adopted.
– Dec. 23, 1981 – The Honourable George Francis Gillman Stanley, of Sackville, is appointed Lieutenant-Governor of New Brunswick.