Makeshift Shelter contest for Night of the Homeless
List of permitted materials
The Nuit des sans-abris is a collective act of solidarity with those who live with homelessness. Homelessness can affect anyone at any time, regardless of age or economic situation ... It can sometimes be a personal catastrophe event that leads to this situation, while at other times it might be a sequence of unhappy events. In short, no one is immune.
The event provides an opportunity to win a trophy on the special night, October 20 in Sherbrooke. : Among the three organizations that receive the most "Likes" for their entries, one will be chosen by a jury and declared winner of the "online" section of the contest.
Finally, teams are also invited to take part in the Great Makeshift Contest during the night at the Marché de la gare, starting at 6 pm where up to 15 teams will compete by building their actual
• 2 pieces of canvases / plastic sheeting
• 6 wooden sticks less than 6 feet long • 2 covers • 3 strings / cords / laces less than 3 feet in length
• A "remainder" of tape at least 6 feet long • 2 cardboard boxes • Newsprint • A reusable and safe material of your own.
No metal, no other alloys, and no broken shelters.
Participation in the contest can promote team cohesion, .affirm the social responsibility of an organization, and provide organizational visibility through pieces of wood are permitted.
The shelter must not be pre-constructed, as this is a building contest.
• The shelter must be built in under an hour • The shelter must be reasonably safe • The effectiveness of the shelter in terms of protection from the weather
• Team spirit observed during the process will also be assessed, as will the originality of raw materials used.
sahres on social media and coverage by local press.
For more details on the contest, visit the event’s Facebook page.