GO to the SHOWS
The How and Why of RV Shows
These helpful hints courtesy BC Interior RV Show (BCIRVS) April 21 – 23 2017 www.bcinteriorrvshow.ca
If you are looking for a new RV, or not, RV shows are a wealth of information to make the upcoming season more enjoyable. Here are the best ‘Eight Reasons to Go’, and ‘Six Top Tips’ to make it a spectacular day.
BEST EIGHT REASONS TO ATTEND AN RV SHOW 1. See what new innovations and accessories are available to enhance your RV and your RV experience. Check out new campgrounds, resorts and services in time to plan your next adventure.
2. Experience one stop comparisonshopping! Compare floor plans and models to find the perfect RV without driving kilometres across or between cities. Get all your questions answered from a host of helpful specialists including manufacturers representatives.
3. Take advantage of the ‘Show Special’ pricing. There’s often a good selection of new trailers under $20,000, or if your lifestyle demands more, the discounts available on the Class A diesel pusher motorhomes can often affordably put you in a spacious RV.
4. Learn from the RV seminars. Some topics offered include: RV Spring & Summer Preparation & Maintenance Tips, Looking to get off the grid - Solar Seminar, All about RV Plumbing, Propane Safety, RV Tips, Adventures in North Country, Customizing Your RV – New to RVing, and Mobile Satellite Options for RVing.
5. Chat with veteran RV’ers, reconnect with your snowbird friends, or make new ones!
6. RV shows often support local charities, so not only do you get a great day of entertainment and information, you can feel good that you are helping the local community.
7. It’s great affordable entertainment. Most shows run a whole weekend and one admission price gets you in every day.
8. You can learn a lot more in person than you can online. Is there enough elbowroom in the shower, is the bed long enough, how does the floorplan ‘feel’ to you?
SIX TOP TIPS BEFORE YOU GO 1. Wear comfortable clothes, especially shoes. This is a golden opportunity and you don’t want to feel rushed because you are uncomfortable. Pace yourself, it is a weekend event. Give yourself lots of time. If you rush, you will miss floor plans, accessories, sales, and seminars.
2. Arrive early, get a show map and seminar schedule, and plan your day. Arriving early usually means less crowds and more time to poke around your favourite models, ask questions of seminar speakers, and take an early lunch. 3. Schedule some breaks. There is so much going on, your brain (and your feet) will need to rest occasionally to absorb the information and enjoy the show.
4. Bring a bag with a comfortable handle or shoulder strap to collect brochures, purchases and freebies.
5. Charge your smartphone or camera. Take lots of pictures of the features and RV’s you like. Ask about recording seminars or how-to advice from the many exhibitors. It will be invaluable when you get home so you can remember the how, what and where of the hundreds of things you saw, and dozens of people you spoke to.
6. Ask lots of questions. There are no stupid questions. Talk to the sales folks, even if you usually don’t like sales people. They can give you answers to questions you didn’t know to ask, and if you’re looking to purchase an RV, you’ll be able to find the model, and the salesperson, you like best.
SPECIAL TO THE BC INTERIOR RV SHOW The BC Interior RV Show is April 21 – 23, 2017 at the South Okanagan Event Centre Complex (SOEC) , which includes the Penticton Trade & Convention Centre. Over the past five years, 10,000 visitors from all over the Pacific Northwest have attended the event annually.
Wristbands will be available for purchase on-site - cash only - at the entrance of the SOEC and the Penticton Trade & Convention Centre, and please remember to bring a non-perishable food item for their local food bank. Since 2011, over $20,000 has been donated from the net proceeds of the wristband sales.
Allen Mullins, Chairperson of the BCIRV Society exclaims, “The BC Interior RV Show has proven to be a destination event for the RV’ers of Western Canada, Washington, Yukon and Alaska. We are lucky enough to live in a beautiful RVing community that has the state of the art South Okanagan Event Centre (SOEC) facility that is large enough to host such a grand event.”
For more information on the annual event or to become an exhibitor visit: www. bcinteriorrvshow.ca