By­gone days

Port Stan­ley bridge

St. Thomas Times-Journal - - NEWS -

To get at the un­der­side of the Port Stan­ley lift bridge in Septem­ber 1978, work­men stood on a boat de­signed for the project. The bridge was closed for six weeks while the $500,000 al­ter­ations were com­pleted.

Any­one with in­for­ma­tion on this pho­to­graph or to pur­chase a re­print, please call 519-631-1460 ext. 154. To view or com­ment on this pho­to­graph, visit the Archives’ flickr site: http://bit.ly/cP3YCX.

TIMES-JOUR­NAL COL­LEC­TION, COUR­TESY OF THE EL­GIN COUNTY ARCHIVES

Newspapers in English

Newspapers from Canada

© PressReader. All rights reserved.