A. J. Chevrolet
In June 1974, A. J. Charest put the sledge hammer to a portion of the vacant building east of his dealership A. J. Chevrolet on Talbot Street after announcing that morning a $100,000 expansion to that property. The move, which would bring all the segments of his dealership together, was expected to be completed by the end of September. Watching the action, from his left are, Bob Boissoin, district sales manager for General Motors, Dave Thwaites, president of the St. Thomas Chamber of Commerce, and Ald. Ed Currah, acting mayor and president of the St. Thomas Industrial and Commercial Development Corporation.
Anyone with information on this photograph or to purchase a reprint, please call 519-631-1460 ext. 154. To view or comment on this photograph, visit the Archives’ flickr site: http://bit.ly/cP3YCX.