Tiger Shrimp and Glass Noodle Salad
(NC) Looking for a fresh take on pasta salad? Try Chef Gordon Ramsay's version made using the Philips Airfryer, which combines tiger shrimp, a vegetable medley, and fresh herbs to add bright colour and delicious flavours creating the perfect main course salad. Tiger Shrimp & Glass Noodle Salad Serves: 6
2 tbsp (30 ml) piment d'Espelette 6 tbsp (90 ml) extra virgin olive oil 18 large tiger shrimp, deveined &
butterflied with tails intact Grated est of 1 lemon Grated est of 1 lime Salt and freshly ground pepper 1/2 lb (250 g) glass (cellophane) noodles, prepared according to the package instructions, drained & chilled 1 English cucumber, peeled, seeded, &
sliced diagonally 4 baby yellow bell peppers, seeded &
thinly sliced 4 baby red bell peppers, seeded &
thinly sliced 1 carrot, peeled and julienned 2 green onions, thinly sliced on the
diagonal 2 cups peeled, seeded, &
julienned green papaya 1/2 cup (1/2 o /15 g) fresh mint leaves 1/2 cup (1/2 o /15 g) fresh cilantro leaves,
& chopped fresh cilantro for garnish 1/4 cup (1 1/2 o ./45 g) roasted peanuts,
chopped 2 tbsp fresh basil leaves, julienned
For the dressing:
Juice of 2 lemons 1/2 cup (4 fl. o /125 ml) soy sauce 8 tsp (40 ml) honey 2 inch (5 cm) piece of fresh ginger, peeled and finely grated 4 green onions, thinly sliced 1 tbsp sweet chili sauce 1 cup (8 fl. o /250 ml) grapeseed oil
1. Preheat the Philips Airfryer to 390°F (200°C). In a small bowl, stir together the piment d'Espelette and 2 tbsp olive oil. Arrange shrimp on a baking sheet and brush with the piment d'Espelette mixture. Sprinkle with lemon and lime zests and season with salt and pepper.
2. Place 6 shrimp cut side down in the fry basket and insert into the Airfryer. Cook for 4 min. Transfer to a baking sheet to cool. Repeat with remaining shrimp.
3. For the dressing: In a bowl, whisk together lemon juice, soy sauce, honey, ginger, green onion, and chili sauce. Slowly whisk in the oil until emulsified.
4. Assemble the salad in a large bowl, tossing in noodles, cucumber, bell peppers, carrot, green onions, papaya, mint, and cilantro. Add the vinaigrette to taste and toss to combine. Taste and adjust the seasoning if necessary.
5. Divide the salad among 6 plates. Place 3 shrimp on top of each serving. Garnish with peanuts and basil and serve immediately.